If you are always out in the cold, then you should consider buying your own best heated jacket for cold weather. This kind of jacket will surely give you comfort while you do your usual tasks in the winter.
Whether you are young or old, you will surely benefit from this outfit. Not only will it protect you from the cold, but you can also easily clean and store it without any problem.
You can find many heated jackets out there and they may come in higher price tags. People still avail them because they consider it as a necessity more than as a luxury. Nevertheless, you can find cheaper heated jackets in the market if you know where to find them. Find the best heated jackets in this article.
Best Heated Jacket for Cold Weather
1. BOSCH PSJ120M-102
The Bosch PSJ120M-102 is a heated jacket created by one of the leading manufacturers which is Bosch. Products created by this company have gained recognition because of the high quality and their global presence. Their aim is to create products to improve the quality of life of their customers and buyers.
This Bosch heated jacket has different parts that are meant to perform different functions. Its 12-volt battery system has the power to sustain heat inside the jacket and the outer shell is designed to give warmth to the wearer when the surrounding temperature gets very cold. It also has a push-button setting that allows you to set the temperature in one of three modes. The jacket’s main feature, however, is its wind and rain resistance.
The Bosch PSJ120M-102 also contains 5 pockets. They are meant to store large stuff like documents, cell phones, and other things that you need. The pockets can keep your valuables safe, so you won’t need to bring a bag anymore. The jacket can also be used to keep your electronics away from the cold. You can utilize it to boost your electronics’ performance as they tend to have lower performance when subjected to cold weather.
Another notable feature of this heated jacket is the USB charging capability. This is a convenient feature because you will not need to search for a plug to charge your gadgets.
2. Dewalt DCHJ060C1-L
Dewalt has developed another technological product which is the Dewalt DCHJ060C1-L. This heated jacket can sustain heat for extended hours, so you will find it very handy for travel purposes. It can even protect you from acquiring diseases caused by the extremely cold temperature. Your activities will not be affected while you are wearing this jacket.
There is a pre-heat function in this jacket which allows you to heat your garment before you set off outside. You don’t need to bear with the freezing cold outside while you are waiting for your jacket to heat up.
The Dewalt DCHJ060C1-L is created for people who are working in harsh environments. It is made with heavy-duty material to ensure its efficacy. The cotton twill in the outer shell of this heated jacket is the reason why it is resistant to wind and rain. To make it really comfortable to wear, you can adjust the waistline and the cuff of this heated jacket.
You also have the option to use the hood. It is made with a good size to provide ultimate protection to the head of the wearer. You can make use of it during heavy snow fall. The neck is also protected when you use the hood. Aside from this, this jacket has five big pockets for convenience.
The other two pockets can be found inside the jacket. They are meant for USB charging and for headphones.
3. Makita DCJ200ZXL
The Makita DCJ200ZXL heated jacket is made for people who are always out in the cold weather. It has great heating capabilities which you will surely like.
This heated jacket comes with a battery adaptor and belt clip for attachment purposes. The jacket has a power source that can greatly fit to the adapter. You also have the option of using batteries to operate it.
The Makita DCJ200ZXL is equipped with three heat zones that allow efficacy in keeping the body warm even if the temperature drops exceedingly. It targets the chest and the back particularly because these are the regions prone to absorption. The temperature also has three settings. You can set it to low, medium, and high, depending on your preference.
In terms of style, this heated jacket will never be left behind. It can be easily converted into a vest by just detaching the sleeves. . You can then wear it for winter as well as for sunny days due to this versatile feature.
This electric jacket is part of the improving series of Makita products that utilize lithium ion batteries. The power source is a slide-style type. It is cordless for increased functionality. This Makita heated jacket is indeed a phenomenal product of technology and innovation.
4. Dewalt DCHJ062B-S
The Dewalt DCHJ062B-S is a type of Camo heated jacket which is meant to be worn outdoors. The Dewalt heated jacket reviews have been all praises to this highly technological jacket. If you are always on the go, then you should consider getting this jacket. You will surely be protected from the harsh wind and rain.
This jacket has its edge among other heated jackets in the market because it is designed with seven pockets. These pockets are meant for gadgets and electronics. You don’t need to worry that they will get wet because the outer covering of the jacket is waterproof. Your gadgets are secured even if you are working outdoors.
The Dewalt DCHJ062B-S can be set in different levels of heat. You can opt to set it in low, medium, or high level depending on your need. You can also heat it before you set outdoors with its pre-heat features. All of these can be carried out together with the LED controller of this electric jacket. You can see the different functions here as well as the temperature of the jacket.
There are also four core heating zones for distributing the heat effectively all throughout the jacket. You can find them in the collar part, upper right chest, mid-back, and upper left chest. This feature helps to protect you from the cold-related diseases and illnesses. As an added protection, this heated jacket has a face guard and hood to protect the face and head from extreme cold.
5. Milwaukee M12
The Milwaukee M12 is another innovation from Milwaukee series. It is more than just a simple garment. The outer shell of this jacket is made from polyester and Spandex. These materials are the reason why this Milwaukee heated jacket feels so soft and cozy.
The lining is good and it is also resistant to water and wind. However, you must note that it is not entirely waterproof. The front part of the jacket is made from micro-fleece which is known to be very soft to touch; making this jacket is so comfortable to wear.
Another feature that will impress you is the built-in micro-fibre sleeve cuffs. There are also pockets included in this garment. You can bring your valuables with you even without bringing a bag. The special pocket is meant to store the rechargeable battery. It is so well-kept that you won’t even know it’s there. Indeed, Milwaukee M12 is of high quality.
When you avail this product, you get to have a M12 battery module as well. There is also an inclusion of a charger for the lithium ion batteries. The Milwaukee heated jacket reviews mentioned that this charger can recharge the batteries within the span of only 30 minutes.
If you are looking for the best heated jackets online, then the Milwaukee M12 should be one of your options if you would like ultimate comfort and convenience.
RELATED POST: Best Soldering Station Reviews
Heated Jacket Buying Guide
Heated jackets are essential garments during the cold months. They are used to protect you from the harsh condition of the winter season. You can find a lot of heated jackets in the market. The difficult part is choosing what’s best for your need.
It is also important to take note of the common issues found in heated jackets. This is for the purpose of choosing the best heated jacket that will satisfy your needs.
- Electrocution – This is one of the common issues that need to be clarified by the seller and maker of the heated jacket. This incident usually occurs when you get dripping wet while you are wearing your heated jacket. Many potential buyers question this; however, the manufacturers ensure the users that it is totally safe to wear it because it only runs in low wattage.
- Radiation – One of the most common concerns is the EMF radiation. People are aware of the danger that it could bring; however, the makers of these heated jackets guarantee that they are safe to be worn even if they get wet. They ensure that there is no emission of EMF radiation.
- Overheating of the Jacket – This problem is usually caused by poor wiring system. As a buyer, you should check the wiring system of the heated jacket before you buy it. You should note that fire or overheating is possible to happen to these garments even if you are wearing them.
Check the arrangement of the wiring before you avail it. It is also advisable to do a bit of checking to ensure that it is safe for use. Prevention is always better than cure.
Features to Consider When Buying Heated Jackets
- Aesthetic Features – When you buy your heated jacket, the first thing that you notice is the appearance. The styles of these garments vary from the makers. They differ in design and in colors. Different brands have their own trademarks when it comes to their signature designs.
- Heating Features – The heated jackets from different brands have their own heating capabilities. Some have variable temperature setting function while others have a fixed temperature control. Some of these jackets have pre-heat function as well. You can determine which one to buy after figuring out your specific need.
- Number of Pockets – It is always good to get a heated jacket with a lot of pockets for convenience and practicality. Different makers of these garments created these jackets with different number of pockets. Some have five pockets, and some have more. The style of the pockets also varies. Larger pockets are advisable because you can put your valuables inside without bringing a bag.
- Style of the Jacket – The style of the heated jacket has a major role in determining its capabilities and features. Of course, the style would also depend on you. Just remember that you should consider the features more than the style. It is recommended to buy the wind and water-resistant heated jackets. They are more versatile because you can use it even though it is raining.
- Lining of the Jacket –The lining of the jacket offers comfort to the wearer. Some of the heated jackets in the market are made from micro-fleece material. This is known to give ultimate comfort because of its super soft texture.
Benefits of Wearing a Heated Jacket
There are many benefits of wearing a heated jacket. These garments are beneficial in keeping the body warm during the cold months of winter. You can still work outdoors when you are wearing the best heated jacket for your need. Its lightweight feature makes it comfortable to wear even for the whole day. The soft material lining also contributes to the comfort while wearing it.
These jackets are battery operated so you just need to replace the batteries whenever they are already drained. In terms of portability and versatility, the heated jackets surely fit in.
Leading Brands of Heated Jackets
There are brands of heated jackets that maintain their places in the top list. The heated jacket reviews have commended them for their high-quality products and efficiency. Here is the list of the top three brands for heated jackets.
- Bosch – This company is known to manufacture products and electronics in line with the customer demands and needs. They aim to improve the quality of life of customers. Their heated jackets are guaranteed to be 100% efficient and safe.
- Milwaukee – This brand of heated jacket is known for its highly useful large pockets. You can put your valuables inside while working outdoors.
- Dewalt – The Dewalt brand has created a heated jacket that has enough space to fit even large body structures. The design is also very simple and easy to wear. You will find these jackets from Dewalt to have a simple but stylish appearance.
Indeed, heated jackets are important winter outfits for everyone during the cold months. You can stay warm as long as you want when you wear this garment. The design and style will also let you keep up with fashion.
There are many best heated jackets in the market and it takes careful selection to end up buying the best one for your need. You should note all the considerations mentioned earlier. The features are important because they are the determiners of the efficiency of these heated jackets.
Regardless of the brand, it is of utmost importance to check the safety of these garments. Your safety should come first more than anything else.